Jay & Kelley Reapsome - serving with CRU/Bridges International at Penn State
As spring finally shows signs of conquering winter here in State College, we are gearing up for two special events. On Thursday, March 26th and Friday, March 27th we are hosting General Duke (the 10th man to walk on the moon during the Apollo 16 mission) to offer presentations to international students on campus. We believe he will appeal to the highly science-oriented international student population at Penn State.
On the 26th Astronaut “Charlie Duke” will address the topic: “Leadership - Delivering under pressure” during a lunch seminar with 760 international student group leaders and on the 27th he will address as many as 300 international students about his “Journey to the Moon”. Astronaut Duke is a widely traveled speaker who tells of his journey to the moon and how that started him on a journey of faith in Christ.
Would you please join us in praying for God’s work through these upcoming events?
Here are a few of our prayer requests:
- Please ask God to prepare the hearts of those who will attend these events. Pray that the “fallow ground” of their hearts will be broken and softened so that seed of the Gospel can take root.
- Please pray that God will draw 60 international student group leaders and 300 international students to notice the posters, fliers, e-mails and personal invitations for the events and to attend.
- Please pray for our Christian students to be bold in inviting their friends, classmates and apartment neighbors to the events.
- Please ask God to help us get contact information so that we can follow up those who indicate they would like to know more about the true meaning of Christianity or would like to join a Bible study.
- Please also pray for a Chinese student, Cindy) that Kelley saw put her faith in Christ a few weeks ago, to grow in her fellowship with God as she understands more about what it means to follow Christ.
- Please also pray for Charlie, a Chinese PhD student, who is studying the Bible with Jay, but is hesitant to trust Christ as his Savior. Charlie recently proclaimed, “I need to know more about the Bible and Jesus so that I can believe.”
On another note… we hope you will praise God with us for working in several exciting ways this semester with students in our group. One of Kelley’s girls, Rose - a very young Christian, learned how to use the Four Spiritual Laws gospel tract to share her faith. She took a step of faith and shared the Gospel message with her mother via “video chat”. Her mother, who is not a believer, listened quietly while Rose proceeded through the verses in the gospel tract.
Rose’s mother didn’t indicate an interest in receiving Christ as her Savior at that time, but a week later she asked Rose to share the tract with several of her relatives who were visiting during their “Chinese New Year” celebration. Rose is very6 excited to have shared the Gospel with her family for the first time!
We praise God for sending the Gospel to China through another faithful laborer whom He has raised up in our midst! Please pray with Rose that her family will realize their need for a Savior and understand why Jesus is and why He came and died on the cross!
Thanks you for all you do to make it possible for us to take the Gospel to lost students from around the world! God is building His kingdom among the nations!
Until the whole world knows,